Saturday, June 4, 2011

New Car, Caviar, Four Star Daydream Think I'll Buy Me a Football Team

Finally the money is starting to show up.  I've been mowing my Grandpa's lawn for a month and haven't been paid.  When I said to my Dad "where's the money", he reminded me that I should be mowing for free and then said "Father's Day is coming up you know"  Right.  I was thinking of getting him something from the Apple store, but I only have a couple of hundred dollars and there's not really anything that Apple sells that for that amount, except maybe that rubber band they "gave away" to make the iPhone work.  Anyway, he finally forked over the cash.

Sweet!

Speaking of money, did I mention that my school "awarded" me a $25.00 gift certificate from Best Buy?  At first I thought that they had finally recognized my awesomeness, but it was instead for being careless enough to go to school.  Yep, since I had perfect attendance I was entered into a drawing for the gift certificate and I won.  Of course, my Dad says that HE should get the gift certificate since he ordered me go to school despite the bomb threat and if he had listened to me I wouldn't have got the gift certificate.  How do you respond to that? 

A Major Award from Glenbard South

Last week when my Aunt Holly was in town we went to WhirlyBall since it was a way that, according to my Dad, you could "ram into your relatives under the guise of fun."  Here's a clip of the action


As I was crashing into a bunch of old people with brittle bones and creaky joints, I was thinking that this would be an awesome way to mow a lawn.  If you replaced the bumper cars (excuse me, WhirlyBugs) with lawn mowers you could charge a bunch of people to play WhirlyLawn and get the lawn mowed at the same time.  I sure my Grandpa would like to invest.  I probably need six or eight more lawnmowers and some basketball hoops.  Luckily my Dad tells me that my Grandpa sent a check so now that I have his signature I basically have a blank check to get started.  I'm planning on calling it "The Original Buck's WhirlyLawn"in his honor.  I'll be sure to keep you up to date on the progress as long as my Grandpa keeps his checking account full.

No comments:

Post a Comment